Most people consider the kitchen as the most important place in their homes. It is practically where meals for the family are being prepared and served. In many parts of the world, kitchen designs are done critically and carefully. All the important considerations have to be integrated into the design in order to come with the perfect kitchen anyone could ever ask for.
Although these kitchens can be a bit expensive, these are certainly worth every penny, most especially if these kitchens manifest one’s preferences and lifestyle. Aside from the materials and the accessories, the factors that make up a perfect kitchen include specific needs and personal touches.
In order to design the perfect outdoor kitchen, there are some important factors to consider. These factors include work areas and functional zones, overall counter space requirements, specific landing area requirements, seating space requirements, and storage space requirements.
- Work Areas and Functional Zones. These areas refer to space where work can be done. Space is needed for food preparation, storing, cooking, and plating. Each of these must be considered in identifying the work areas and functional zones. Areas and zones can be categorized as dry zones, wet zones, cold zones, and hot zones. The dry zones consist of storage, cabinets and food preparation; while the wet zones are composed of sinks, beverage tubs, and ice reservoirs. On the other hand, cold zones may include refrigerators, freezers, and wine chillers; while hot zones include pizza ovens, cooktops, and grills.
- Overall Counter Space Requirements. Kitchens vary in size. There are small, medium, and large outdoor kitchens. The overall counter space should be equal to the size of the kitchen to avoid too little counter spaces or too big counter spaces.
- Specific Landing Area Requirements. Landing areas are one of the most important considerations in kitchen designs. These areas basically provide the cooking space for resting pots, plates, and utensils close to each working station.
- Seating Space Requirements. Seating space includes appropriate spaces between seats, a width of seats, and knee spaces below tables and counters. It is important to consider the comfort and convenience of the occupants as well.
- Storage Space Requirements. Storage space should consider the size of the kitchen and the sizes of cabinets and cupboards that will be installed in the kitchen. Another consideration might be the types of activities that will be hosted to in order to determine the storing capacity of storage equipment and furniture.
If you are looking for a trusted kitchen designer that can assist you in renovating your outdoor kitchen, contact Kellyville Kitchens today!